10% of the work

Old Saying --

"90% of the work takes 
10% of the time. 
The last 10% of the work
takes 90% of the time."

True. But Frustrating.

And Apple makes it more difficult.

The new Upgrade to Apple macOS Catalina has been a disaster. Apple has changed code to prevent Open Source programs from running, which is a marketing decision. That means I cannot use Audacity to record the voice track for my Patreon promotional video. I would have to use GarageBand or Adobe Audition.

Except it is not my first rodeo with Apple. I kept an old boot disk with OS 13.6, which ai refuse to update. I can use Audacity on that disk. But it means rebooting and losing my use of Audcity, Photoshop, and other system-dependent and registered programs.

Or I can boot to Linux Ubuntu Studio and lose access to my documents on the Mac disk. But then I can use Audacity and one of the many, many open source video editors.

But I need my documents. And I really need Photoshop to do the work.

So I will hobble along with the updated Apple crippleware and try to get my video up so I can announce the Patreon on Day Media, which is Wednesday.

Yesterday was supposed to be the first Day RPG but a friend came over with his laptop to do some classwork (back to school) and I was helping him all day. Oh well. The days are guides to what I should be doing, dealing with reality is the main job.

And I do pretty well with that.

The first of 21
strips completed.

Today is Day Spirit, so I will teach my class this evening (which I always love) and I am working on the third edition of Recovery Reader. I will add 21 sponsor-based comic strips called Mazing Recovery, and that is 21 strips completed. I'm thinking of adding a couple more to make it a stand-alone book. It was in the first edition of Recovery Reader. But I made things "better" by removing the strip. Made the book more scholarly and serious. But part of the process is to laugh a bit, to not take everything so damn seriously. Model what I'm preaching. Giggle about the life-and-death a bit.
So the progress continues. not at the speed I would like.

So what else is new?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

It is time to activate MDJS