The Joys of Macintosh

An Unrelated Photoshop job
to distract me from the pain.
I said I was going to track what I was doing, but got distracted with the Mac acting up, slowing down, freezing... again. I'm now an old hand at restoring the system from an Internet install. I had backups set but it looks like the last couple of days work (work on Segment: Sho-Caudal #13, More Than This, and the I Don't Wanna Cook Book, and other juggling).

One of my regular tools (Dropbox) put up a notice than I had too many registrations on their server, all for the same account. I have to re-register every re-installation of MacOS as a "new computer" and Dropbox has a limit on the number of "machines" I'm allowed to connect to the servers. I went thru and deleted twenty accounts - that that was not the total they showed. Just what would bring me under my limit.

So I know that I have recreated machines twenty times, according to DropBox. I allow that this includes defunct iPhones (two of them), defunct iPad, defunct Android tablet... More than 12 of those are the Macintoshes, one of which was the old iMac that went tits up several times, and some the Mac mini which a friend suppled to me. (She said she was paying an old favor, but I think she was just being nice.)

So, even if we only count the MacMini reconstructions, I've had to tear down the machine, reforms, reinstall from the Apple servers, restore all the programs (several hours each time I reinstall Adobe CC), that is ... call it eight times in the past two years. There was a point where I had to do the two day process almost every other month, which had me screaming. 

This time it is a mere day and a half backing up, reformatting and install. And I haven't had to do it in almost a year.

But it means right after I announced CLIMBING THE SPIRAL MOUNTAIN and began work on RECOVERY READER 3RD EDITION, the system went tits up and we were off the races.

Now I get to wade through the debris and try to get back up to speed. While dealing with the DMV and the three-class cycle I do at a local recovery center (separate from my regular Sunday night class).

It's. Good thing I'm retired. Who has time to do all this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

Life in Solitary (Full Report)