Pregnant April

I'm staying busy and it looks like juggling is about to result in several releases. My history has been mumbling in the background for months or years, juggling at least three projects at a time, and periodic explosions of deliveries.

Cover of the new CLIMBING
THE SPIRAL MOUNTAIN
Most of these new appearances are driven by new release through Kindle—mobi editions for eReaders—plus the attendant new access to print books for Amazon readers, which will translate into new ebook editions for AppleBooks (formerly iBooks).

So what? What has to be different is my approach to letting the world know the books are there, what is in them, what value they may have. I have to blow my own horn and I have never been good with that.

I'm trying to learn. I have downloaded and am reading the "free" books on the ways to kill it on Amazon sales lists, the free book giveaways, the discounts, the paid ads on FaceBook and other social media (which is a problem, because FaceBook is my only social platform). I say "free" because they are just ads in the form of teaser chapters to get me to buy the full/real book, or take the webinar, or sign up for the series of emails that promise... a lot.

Cover for the anthology
of short fiction.
But I'm trying.

My juggling means I have the last of the subscriber issues of SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL down to the wire. The editor doesn't seem to really be familiar with Jorune, so I am having to changes from Earth-general changes back to Jorune-specific. But there has been value in some of the comments. That is one that should be out in April.

There is the new edition of CLIMBING THE SPIRAL MOUNTAIN, with the tweaks necessary for the book to finally make it through the Kindle gate. Re-reading the book as I make the changes is not a problem. I still like it. The 180,000 words were done right. Not a bad self-review. The novel still reads to drive the story and not to push me as the author. It works. That's always nice to discover.

Cover for my first novel.
The new edition of THE TASTE OF FIRE will include the previous independent novella, NIALL'S DREAM as the longest of the shorts. And it feels right. Makes the book more zaftig, and how could that hurt.

My first novel, THE SONG OF ORPHANS will get the improved Kindle treatment as well. And it also stands up to re-reading and re-reading while Kindlizing.

Cover for the
play collection.
The three-play edition of my theater works will also do well. THE MAMA LAW, FEVER and LIVING IN THE HOUSE OF ANGELS still hold up. THE MAMA LAW has become distressingly current again. I wouldn't mind selling options for Hollywoodization of any of them. FEVER would do well translated into Spanish since several styles of Latin American theater were researched in the structure of the original production. And the threads of the story stand up.

I like that Kindle will quietly update the editions for anyone who previously published the book(s). I hope Apple will do the same, but I haven't gone slumming into their Terms and Conditions novella for a while. So—who knows?

The Jorune newsletter wrap-up is part of my April explosion. There will be a thirteenth issue because I can't jam everything into this one. And I don't want to leave Jorune. Health and finances tell me I can't keep it in the active juggle. But I will try to keep a Jorune project in the juggle for a while to come. Three of them are in various stages of completion, so over the next year maybe I can get all of them out.

So the current juggle is Kindle Editions, the Jorune completion, a 12-Step project I won't discuss here, one stage project, and ... possibly, a non-fiction self-education project. Those last two might be folded into the Kindle Editions thing, but I'm not quite sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

It is time to activate MDJS