The Right Move

Every so often you make the right move. It feels nice.

I've known for a long time that the future of the MDJS project would be in video for YouTube and beyond. I know how to use iMovie, but it really isn't the right tool for what I want to do. Simple, but by definition it doesn't live up to the effects of what I see in my mind as the right path to take.

I was getting competent with Premiere, but no longer have access to the program.

For a while it appeard that Edenlive would be the right program, but I have complications with my Linux access and it doesn't have a Mac port for me to use (I don't know how to complie).

I've been looking at variious editors, trying them out, leaving them for one problem or another.

A new review of modern video editing programs hit my in box and so I look at it And immediately was drawn to one video editor that has a free entry version that is not a free, limited preview. This is the full program, functional with many features the other editors don't have, but tiered so you can buy into the package for more and more sophisticated tools.

But I've been on my case because I haven't had any product out in months. My educational curve learning programs that were then rejected, and dissatisfaction with my own voice for the videos was an ongoing irritation. I used to be on the radio and produced several dozen podcasts, but it was just the normal I-don't-like-my-own-voice, my own voice has been degenerating with age. My singing voice in my 30s was compared with Eddie Arnold, which I took as a good thing. My current voice is more like Walter Brennen, without the homey vibe.

But a series of ads his me on Facebook for a new tool called Speechelo. It promised A.I. powered synthsized voices, male and female. It promised 30 voices 26 of which are heavily accented and some unintelligible. Full purchase to get going with it, not a subscription at the lower level. Over-promised the voices, but I decided with this month's Patron support I took $37 and bought Speechelo.

One of my Patreon contributors posted something that inspired some guideline for  parents stuck at home as the default teachers for their children. (Weren't they always the default teachers for their children?). So I did some notes back and forth with her to get permission for using what she posted.

I took my new tool, Speechelo, and took the resulting sound track, mixed in some Creative Commons, public licensed music, into iMovie for a test video. Which is posted below.

My search for a better video editor found the right vibe with DaVinci Resolve 16, a non-linear editor. I've been intimidated by "non-linear-editor" talk. But this was very flexible and very well introduced. I downloaded it this evening and feel progress with the whole non-linear concept, and the practical side of moving into production.

I think it will be the right tool for the next several targeted YouTube areas under the MDJS - More Damn Joe Stuff - label. Those include a short list of more "Teach Your Children" topic areas, an extended introduction to Jorune for new RPG players, and a 9-part, comprehensive series on PTSD.

PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) has been the focus of my most important work over the 14 years. The result is a clear, linear teaching line from causes and symptoms through a method of facing the problem and following a simple path to heal from the hell living with PTSD has proven to be. "Haunted Recovery" - because these are the issues that cause ghosts to rise up in their newly clean and sober minds.







It has been made clear that the issue is not just about surviving the horrors of war, but also the issues of rape and prolonged sexual abuse (particularly of children), surviving natural disasters, violent crimes, having a career where you encounter multiple death scenes over and over (including professional medical workers in the current COVID-19 pandemic. The CDC reports that only one in nine diagnosed cases of PTSD come from vets returning from war experiences.

When you can't escape the event, your brain makes you a little crazy with over-vigilance to find answers athat do not come. It is my hope this course provides some answers.

PTSD, ACA, ACE, Learned Helplessness, Erikson's Eight Levels of Healthy Personality Development, Communication skill, Trans-actional Analysis (TA) for new interaction skills, Rosner's polar plot tracking on progress, with a scad of references for each point on the path. It will be jointed together at a later point, possibly for a DVD but definitely for a one stop shop for PTSD issues on YouTube.

My mind's eye already sees how to take the instructional materials from the past 14 years of classes at the Healing Place (now Healing-Transitions) in Raleigh, North Carolina, a homeless shelter for men and women dealing with drug and alcohol addictions. My 3-class has been only been offered to the men's campus to this point, and I don't think yet-another-man telling women how to do it is appropriate. The men's classes has been held 30 times (so far). Maybe this will attract the right woman to review the materials and make any necessary changes for publishing to that half of the world.

Not everyone got it the first time around, a number of guys had to relapse before coming back to report that material from the class was


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

It is time to activate MDJS