Movement

I've been busy, mostly learning new programs.

But a friend, and an MDJS supporter, posted something on Facebook that sparked something in me about taking advantage of the COVID-19 confinement for parents to teach their children little lessons that are off the scope from the usual school lesson material. Little real world lessons to be done through example and building from zero.

I had finished a PowerPoint sketch exported to a video with some music, and YouTube stomped on it for rights violation with the music. I didn't mind - it was just a sketch for my purposes that I thought some of the Patreon sponsors would like to see.

The sketch had no voice - just text. But I really want some clip videos with a narrator. So, with this months payment from Patreon I decided to invest in purchase of a Speechelo license. Speechelo is an A.I. voice generation with some options for voices and tones. I tried an adolescent boy for the narrator and was very pleased with the result. I ran a couple of text-to-voice conversions and decided to edit between the MP3 outputs for my master soundtrack.

I finished the first soundtrack for one that deals with Communication this evening. And I'm quite pleased with the mix of music and the boy's voice.

Audio is an old friend. I have developed some skill with Audacity, a wonderful open-source sound editor that runs on Mac, Windows, and most distros of Linux. I also went to the FMU Library of free music to choose allowable music for the sound track. For music I settled on a band (or artist) going by the named Anitec and three cuts, "Shamanism," "Fixaction," and "Pons," which I was able to mix into a less-than-ten-minute mix for the video.

Now I can focus on the new video program for a clip video, possibly with clips from other films with scenes related to the topics under discussion.

I was 35 years gone before I returned.
Maybe I'll do an MDJS logo for opening the videos I can see doing over the next few months. I had a video logo when I was doing family videos after a 35 year separation. Prodigal Video.

It would be nice to have one of those again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

It is time to activate MDJS