I Need to start a Diary

I'm getting things done but I need to track when and where things are being done. If I do a public diary it opens me to the wise do-not-help folk with endless judgments on how I do what I do. With two exceptions, they also cannot finish anything in their own.

But they are full of what I should be doing.

Past seven days. Two things per day in the juggle.

Medical, full physical, two wound care nurses, one assessment from my insurance provider.

Cover - June 2019
Final Final Final
CLIMBING THE SPIRAL MOUNTAIN, my primary novel. Received the 150,000-word manuscript back from my editor and am going through to approve or deny his mark-ups. There were a couple of questions that needed answering and one gaffe on language (They cut up the cake to eat after the speaker, which could suggest cannibalism to some readers.)

Did the final, real, final final final, cover for the book. Enlarged the graphic of the lone hiker, enlarged the type, shifted to the Slenderella font, which had to be tweak for line width to match between some extreme differences in size. Final. Really. I like it. A lot.

All of this means it will be through edit today - just the last part to do (with one exception that will involve an update to the electronic version in the near future) MOUNTAIN will be up on Kindle and the other electronic outlets Monday. Print to follow in July.

Character Sheet - Front
Jorune. Finished the layout on the character sheet, began (and abandoned) a fill-in form. I abandoned because the programming is getting above my pay grade. I will simplify the programmed PDF and make a form people fill out with a pencil. Life's tough. Anyone is free to finance the whole programming thing, but I suggest they look at the costs of programmers these days. Got a final character sheet out of it.

Jorune again. Did A "Henny Penny" version of the ORFA; JORUNE PDF document. Who will help me finalize the document? The Henny Penny has the full ORFA, One Role Fits All, which evolved over 25 years of group experiments (and was easy). The addition of Isho as a Special Effect with rational rules for the development of player characters - points in the lih-als available to the races, points for the purchase of Isho related skills, and points to govern the use of Isho in gameplay. Color, Moon, and Isho points. It works. Creating a workable Isho system is rough ORFA easy, Jorune rough.

I have two details to finish. The reduced Racial write up for generating a character, with Stat modifiers, Isho Lih-al, Color, Isho Spectrum, and Dyshas.

(If you don't know Jorune the funny words will mean nothing to you.)

Who will help me finalize the ORFA? From past experience, three will volunteer and one will follow through. For a while. But I'll make a public plea.

THE SONG OF ORPHANS, fantasy novel. Actually my first novel, from 1977. Going through it for typographic problems as were found with the hyphenation of MOUNTAIN which led to the massive edit. This doesn't look massive, only 77,000 words. But it requires some attention. The cover is by Fred Lang, of course, and it will mark the first time I'm put a novel up on DriveThruRPG.com. Fantasy novel, decidedly non-Tolkien. It is a very good first work.

This week I gave up ownership of the skyrealmsofjorune.com internet domain. Still working with the new owner for continuity, but for a couple of days the site may not be working correctly. But even the tiny charge to keep it under my control is not possible.


Original Logo
The mike Glyph.
AND during all that, as a palate cleanser, I did a logo rework as a volunteer for Old Time Radio Researchers Group (OTRR). They are a group I found while trying to restore the radio dama library I had lost during the catastrophic disk failures of 2017

The Joe-ified version
Nice to find, too.

Radio Drama is like Jorune - it provokes imagination and can be a very immersive escape from this-here planet. Love to listen. Anything I can do to get people into that realm - as listeners, as a hobby, a new producer, or an engineer, as OTRR is. Look them up on archive.org, they have hundreds of radio shows gathered, catalogs, and often re-engineered for the best sound.

So it's been a busy week. Medically. For Jorune. For Spiral Mountain, for Song of Orphans, and for the OTRR revamp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of Begging

It is time to activate MDJS